Reimbursement for anti-IL1 treatment
In Belgium Canakinumab is reimbursed under strict regulations for the following indications:
- Cryopyrin-associated Periodic Syndrome (CAPS)
- Systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (SJIA)
- colchicine resistant Familial Mediterranean Fever (crFMF)
- TNF receptor associated periodic syndrome (TRAPS)
- Hyper IgD syndrome/ Mevalonate Kinase deficiency (HIDS/MKD)
There is an EMA approval for the indications of Adult onset Still´s disease and gouty arthritis but there is no reimbursement for these indications. There is also no reimbursement for patients with other or unclassifiable autoinflammatory diseases.
For the Cryopyrin-associated Periodic Syndrome (CAPS) there is also reimbursement of Anakinra.
Under the current regulations there is still an unmet medical need for patients with steroid resistant adult-onset disease and for patients with an autoinflammatory disease other than listed above. The BNAID is constantly trying to convince the authorities for the great medical need in these patients